Interns will be directed at the Orientation Day held in Belfast on how to successfully complete the Visa process which is crucial to get into America. During the Orientation Day information will be given out on how to complete the application on how to obtain a Sevis Number, on where to go and when. All questions after the Orientation Day that are not answered below can be sent to Paul Lecky who is the intern volunteer overseeing for the Visa process by completing the boxes below.
The Consolute General of the United States Belfast.UK
- When do i start my Visa Application? After Orientation Day when you receive your Sevis Number.
- Where do i get my Sevis Number? This will be sent to you in an email.
- What do i do when i receive my Sevis Fee Number? You then complete your J1 Visa Application called the DS-160 https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/ and print out the confirmation page.
- What next? You then have to phone the embassy and make an appointment, mention that you are with Project Children.
09042-450-100. Calls to this line are charged at £1.23/min plus network extras.
- What do i bring to the appointment? DS-160 Confirmation Letter, a Visa Photograph (NOT A PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH), a letter from your University confirming attendance, a valid passport, (DS-2019 & SEVIS Fee Receipt - both given to you by Paul Lecky) and a $140 J1 Visa Fee paid by Visa / Debit Card on the day or $140 cash.
TO ASK A VISA QUESTION COMPLETE BELOW