In order to be eligible for the program, applicants should meet the following criteria. These criteria are formed from our own policies, and the regulations relating to the issuance of a J1 visa.
- You must be currently enrolled as a full time student in higher education.
- You must be a resident of Northern Ireland of the Republic of Ireland.
- You must hold a valid UK or Republic of Ireland passport. This must be valid until the 13th of September, or later.
- You must not be expecting to sit any resits in August. Participants will not be released early from the program for resit examinations.
- Persons with a criminal record, arrests or cautions are not guaranteed to be issued with a J1 visa, so only people without criminal records may be considered for the program.