In order to be eligible for the program, applicants should meet the following criteria. These criteria are formed from our own policies, and the regulations relating to the issuance of a J1 visa.
- You must be enrolled as a full time student in third level education for the current academic year.
- You must be a resident of Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland.
- You must hold a valid UK or Republic of Ireland passport. This must be valid until the September 2018*.
- You must be available to attend an in-person interview in Belfast in late March or early April.
- You must be available to attend an in-person orientation in Belfast in early May
- You must be available to travel to the US for the full and uninterrupted length of the program from June 22nd to August 14th. No participant will be released early from the program for resits, graduations etc.
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 24.
- You must have no criminal record*.
*People with passports other than UK or ROI, and those with a criminal record, are subject to extended checks during the J1 visa application process (which can take up to three months.) As such, it is not practical to accept applications from anyone who meets these conditions.