The program is heavily subsidized by Project Children to minimize costs to students. Below is a breakdown of what Project Children will cover, and what students are expected to cover.
Covered by Project Children:
- Return flights from Ireland to the US.
- All internal flights within the US.
- Return bus travel from Belfast to Dublin Airport.
- Full medical insurance for the duration of your stay in the US.
- Accommodation and food while in the US.
- Travel expenses to and from your internship.
- $150 weekly stipend.
- SEVIS fee and J1 US administration costs.
Covered by participant:
- Non-refundable program fee of £100 to secure your place if selected.
- $160 J1 processing fee paid direct to the US consulate (subject to change).
- Travel insurance to cover your belongings (optional).
- Spending money.